A message from the school nurse, Mrs Denise O'Shea:
While we welcome the warm sunny weather it is important to keep children safe in the sun, please help us to do this by making sure:
- your children come to school each day with a water bottle, they can refill it as many times as needed throughout the day,
- teach your child to apply suncream if they are old enough
- supervise your older child while they apply suncream to all exposed areas in the morning before school
- please ensure that they have a hat to wear for play and lunchtimes.
- teach them the dangers of too much exposure to the sun and explaining the importance of being in the shade between 12 and 3 pm.