The Croft School was established in the Old Town of Stratford upon Avon in 1933. The Thornton Family bought the School in 1981 and moved it to its present 30-acre site in 1986, to accommodate the demand for increased numbers. Situated on land originally occupied by a large residential farm, the School campus has modern, purpose-built classroom blocks, and imaginatively converted farmhouse and associated buildings.
The late Tim Thornton's interests and hobbies are evident. A Geology Museum provides an exceptional resource for Geology lessons, and a superb O gauge train collection is available to children through the Train Club.
Investment in new facilities, together with a continual programme of refurbishment, and the landscaping of the School grounds, has placed the School at the top of its peer group. However, a building programme alone means little without the staff, who bring their expertise to the classroom and teaching of our young children. We are, indeed, extremely fortunate to have inspirational, loyal and dedicated staff.